Below are all the in’s and out’s to understanding what will happen in the event you’ve sold your artwork. We will cover the following topics in this article:
- What happens when I sell my artwork
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Cost of Shipping
- Packaging Your Artwork for Shipping
- Flat artworks: drawings, collages, etc.
- Shipping Insurance
WHEN YOU’VE MADE A SALE…
1. You’ll receive an email informing you of the sale. You’ll also receive information regarding the next steps you’ll need to take in order for us to successfully deliver the artwork to the collector. These steps include:
- Scheduling a date and time for our courier to pick up your sold artwork. (Courier pick up should occur within 2 – 3 days of when the collector purchased the work.)
- Writing us back to acknowledge that you’ve read and understand the Arrtkart Packaging Guidelines (PDF attached to this article, see below)to ensure that you know how to properly package your artwork for shipment
NOTE: It’s very important that you immediately schedule a courier pick up date and time after being notified that your artwork has sold.
2. If 48 hours pass
and you haven’t scheduled a pick up date, you’ll receive a phone call and email
from our Artist Support Team.
3. Within two days before your pickup date, you’ll receive an email from us.
4. A courier service will arrive on the date you requested to collect your package and the shipping documents. Please make sure to hand all labels and shipping documents over to the courier.
Additional information regarding artwork packaging, pick up, and delivery:
- All original artworks are shipped to the collector directly from the artist’s location.
- Shipping costs are paid for by the collector at the time the artwork is purchased.
- You, the artist, will be responsible for packaging your artwork for shipment, as well as for all packaging costs.
- You must include a Certificate of Authenticity inside the package with your artwork. Arrtkart will provide you the template to use. Continue reading below for more information on that.
5. Next, your artwork will be picked up and delivered to the collector. Please note that the transit time can vary depending on the location of your customer. You’ll see your shipment’s tracking number on the label that is provided to you. You can follow along using that tracking number on the carrier’s website directly (i.e. FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc. depending on the courier services used)
It’s important to note that if shipping internationally, there may be custom delays. This is not unusual and should not cause you any panic. Our trusted Artist and Customer Support Team is monitoring the progress of your artwork until it’s safely delivered to your customer. We’ll be updating your customer all along the way.
Certificate of Authenticity
When you are preparing your artwork for shipping, you must include a Certificate of Authenticity inside the package to be sent to the collector who has purchased the work.
You’ll be provided with standard template for your use. The template can be found along with your shipping documents. We’ve also included the template attached to the bottom of this article for you to download and save to your computer, if you wish.
COST OF SHIPPING
Your customer is responsible for the cost of shipping. The artists are only responsible for the cost of packaging their artworks.