TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SALE
These terms and conditions are applicable only to the sale of
fixed-price Art Works on the Arrtkart.com site and not to auction works. For
terms and conditions related to specific auctions, please check the conditions for sale for that auction.
“Buyer” shall mean a person who is registered as a
user to access the Website and buys An Artwork from the Website.
“Description” means all the details of an Artwork as set out in the Website and may include, without limitation, the name of the artist, designer or manufacturer, the title of the Object, and the following additional details:
- For Eg: the signature of the artist/ date of the Object (if any), the surface, medium and dimensions, year, provenance and any additional information related to the Object.
- The Artwork available for sale on the Website may not always be in the physical possession of Arrtkart and may be physically located anywhere in the world.
- All Artworks made available for sale on the Website will be sold at the price listed and no discounts will be granted to the Buyer (if not exclusively mentioned). For International sale (except sale in India) the price of the works listed does not include duties, taxes, shipping and handling, which will be charged as applicable and would depend on the physical location of the Object as well as the shipping address provided by the Buyer. The information provided during registration or amended at the time of finalizing a purchase shall be the final billing address and shipping address for delivery of the atrwork.
- The International Buyer agrees that the Buyer is liable for any duties and taxes that might be applicable on the purchase as per clause 2 above and such charges shall be payable in addition to the price of the Object.
- All invoices will be raised by Arrtkart based on the registration information provided by the Buyer or amended at the time of finalizing a purchase and payments will be accepted only from the Buyer so registered. In the event that a payment is sent from elsewhere, it may either be returned or could result in a delay in the processing of the order until management decides whether a variation from the registration details may be accepted.
- Placing an order on www.arrtkart.com constitutes an irrevocable acceptance of the purchase. Unless rescinded/cancelled by arrtkart within 2 working days on account of a default by the seller or any prior or continuing breach by the Buyer, such acceptance results in an enforceable contract of sale. The contract of sale is between arrtkart (acting as the agent of the seller) and the Buyer.
- Arrtkart shall have the right to cancel any order placed on the website www.arrtkart.com, at any time prior to the delivery of the artworks, without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Arrtkart shall assume no responsibility for any errors or ommissions that may occur in the Description, pricing or other content related to the artwork. In the event of such an error, Arrtkart reserves the right to cancel the order placed by the Buyer by informing the Buyer in writing.
- Once an order is placed on Arrtkart the Buyer is required to make payment for the price of the Artwork as well as the charges referred to above within 7 working days from the date of placing the order. In the event that Arrtkart does not receive payment within 7 working days Artkart reserves the right to cancel the order without prior notice to the Buyer. Alternately, and without prejudice to the foregoing, Arrtkart may, at its absolute discretion, hold the Object for the Buyer and charge any storage and insurance costs applicable on the purchase and/or may seek to commence legal proceedings (acting as the agent of the Seller) to ensure execution of the contract of sale.
- The Artwork will be delivered/shipped to the Buyer once all necessary documentation, relating to transportation, tax, etc. as may be reasonably requested for by Arrtkart are completed and payment has been realized in full including any additional charges. Transit insurance costs will be included in such additional charges, unless specifically advised otherwise by the Buyer. In the event that the Buyer chooses to himself collect the Artwork from Arrtkart he must do so within two weeks of Artkart receiving the payment. In the event that the Object is not so collected within a period of two weeks, storage and insurance costs will be applicable on the purchase and will be determined at the complete discretion of Artkart.
- You agree to abide by all provisions prescribed in these terms and conditions. In particular, you warrant that all information that you submit will be true and accurate (including without limitation your credit card number and expiration date), and you agree to pay all costs, charges plus all applicable taxes for the purchases made by you.
- Arrtkart is authorized by the sellers to exercise complete discretion in (i) the illustration and descriptions of Object for viewing and sale and (ii) acceptance or rejection of orders received.
- All Artworks displayed on the Website is supported by an authenticity guarantee from the Seller.
- Arrtkart is not obligated to provide any physical preview of the Artwork either before or after the sale. Arrtkart is in no way liable for the condition of the art work. Condition reports are provided on request and are based on the information provided by the seller. In the event that Arrtkart is of the view that there is a significant difference in the physical aspect relative to its appearance as displayed on the website, an email will be sent to the Buyer regarding the difference and Arrtkart will await the Buyer’s decision to proceed with the order.
- All foreign currency exchange rates for the purchase are made on as per the actual exchange rates at the time of the order being placed. The prices for individual artworks have been ’rounded off’ for ease of reference and do not necessarily reflect the exact exchange rate that will be used for calculation of the invoiced price.
- The Buyer warrants that all the information furnished at the time of registration is true and correct and any change in the information provided will be updated and intimated to Arrtkart immediately. Arrtkart is entitled to act on the basis of the information provided and seek such further information, clarifications or verifications as it may deem necessary for granting registration. Such registration may be suspended or cancelled where Arrtkart forms a reasonable view that any of the above information may be inaccurate. However, such registration will be restored immediately on the buyer furnishing information to the satisfaction of Arrtkart.